Sunday 9 July 2017

20 QUESTIONS : CHERISE CASTLE-BLUGH

 


1. What should everyone try at least once in their life?
“Slow dance. Of course, you always need to have another person to do this with, but it shouldn't be too hard. Fast dancing is fun, but there's just something about slow dancing that is so romantic and wonderful. Whether it's a dance,a party, or in the comfort of your own home; to put on a slow moving song and dance with someone's arms wrapped around you is something that everyone deserves to experience,even if you don't know how to dance. If you think you have two left feet,at least attempt it because it's an unforgetting moment usually. ”

2. What brings you the greatest satisfaction?
“Serving in Church. Life becomes simplified and I'm humbled when I'm either on the Altar or serving in Ministry. It's a fulfilling feeling when I'm at the service of God and others. Choosing intentionally to help others flip life upside-down. In helping others rather than seeking our own gain, we find great freedom. Service to others results in humility. We live lives of less stress, less anxiety, and less frustration and we begin to feel more fulfilled, more complete, more alive. Living for others completely abolishes our need for a pecking order. It becomes a great weight off our shoulders when we no longer seek to satisfy self, but instead, we seek to help others. The real joy is found not in being served, but in choosing to serve. ” 

3. What is the best advice you've been given?
“Fr. Michael Makhan- He would always say, "The more generous you are with others, the more generous your Heavenly Father will be with you." I use those words every time I have to do a Eucharistic Service in Church or when I'm sharing a lesson on humility with my students. Even more so when I'm in a position to do something for someone and I'm a bit hesitant, these words find a way to surface my mind. I don't think I can ever forget them.” 

4. What are the top 3 things on your bucket list?
“Well, travel is always on top. I love traveling. I can never travel enough. The world has so much to see and there are new experiences in each journey. Next, would be to write a business guidebook- I've learned a lot about business in practicalities that I'd love to share and mentor others. And on my list too, is to sing anything to my husband's pan playing. ”  



5. What are the top 3 things on your perennial to-do list?
A. Well, I'll always want to be  working in and on my business.
B. I'd want to continue supporting the various NGO's I've partnered with and perhaps link with a few more.
C. Continue my studies in Gemmology and Lapidary.

6. Who are your heroes?
“My heroes are Jesus- I don't know how he could have been so good to everyone despite knowing they were against Him.
Mother Teresa- What she did was amazing and I've always wanted to be able to emulate her ways; the way she cared for everyone in whatever condition they were in. She has been my lesson in Love.
Fr. Makhan- This priest has been not only a spiritual director but a father in Christ, a friend in Christ, everything in Christ. Whenever he talks about God, he always enlightens and Fr. never hesitates to help or just listen. He is always so passionate about Ministry, serving, and generosity.   
Several priests and religious sisters. Their sacrifice is a definite and faithful YES in response to God's call to service others every single day for the rest of their lives and I admire their faithfulness and unwavering devotion.”

7. What is your greatest indulgence?
“My greatest indulgence is any of my favorite books, country music and a cup of coffee. ”

8. What quote do you live by?
'Be still, and know that I am God.'

9. What is the best gift you've ever received?
“The best gift I've ever received is my son, Seth. He's my heartbeat.”



10. What is the one thing people would be surprised to know about you?
“I guess people would be surprised if they knew how shy I really am, especially since I'm a teacher and a lay minister in church.”

11. What is one thing you wish you knew when you were younger?
“I wish I knew back then how to fight for my dreams. I was a bit unsure of myself when I was younger and there were lots of opportunities that I missed simply because I didn't think I could have done it then.”

12. What inspires you/ your craft?
“So many things inspire me. But I am especially inspired by the Jewellery through the ages. The Victorian and Edwardian Classic Jewellery periods are just a couple of my inspirations. ”

13. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
“In 5 years, I see myself developed into the individual I desire to be- to be able to do more to help others, I hope to have my family extended and my business flourish.”

14. What would you say to your past self?
“I would probably tell myself, 'Live!'

15. What do you do in your spare time?
“I enjoy a good book and a cup of black coffee.”


Visuals by Terrance, Make-Up by Kerby JB Young, Model Kristin Jones

16. What's the one thing you would change about the world?
“Our lack of love. I don't think we love enough. There's an evident lack of concern for humanity.”

17. Go-To Song/Movie 
“I'm a Michael Bolton fan so any of his songs will do. My fav all time movie is Dirty Dancing! Love it!!!”

18. What social change do you hope to see?
“Better care for our environment. We still can't see that a lot of the destruction of our planet is man-made.” 

19. How was the TVISUAL experience?
“I certainly enjoyed these questions. I never quite had to put things in retrospect before so this was an eye-opener even for me. It was kind of fun too. I'm also amazed at how accommodating the team was.”

20. Who should we highlight next?
“My girlfriend Denise Scott. She recently opened 'The House of Creative People' in Marabella, giving others a space to share their creativity and she's doing a great job by inspiring others to explore their own talents.”


https://www.instagram.com/monochrome_swim/?hl=en
Click



  
click below for Cherise Castle-Blugh's instagram


https://www.instagram.com/jewelleryvineyard/?hl=en
Photo by Kerby JB Young



 Let's collaborate! Let us know that you are interested by emailing us at info.tvisual@gmail.com



TVISUAL instagram handles

https://www.instagram.com/lynda_dlm/https://www.instagram.com/tvisualphoto/https://www.instagram.com/kambelovelace/ https://www.instagram.com/kerbyyoungdesigns/https://www.instagram.com/terrancetheartist/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

SONGBIRD : BRI CELESTIN Production by Terrance, Make-Up by Lynda De La Mothe at the Kerby Young studio Wearing Richard Noel by Te...